Factsheet data is now cached locally - if you have visited a page you can now view it offline!
Are you a harm reduction organisation using TripSit? Let us know about you!
Commonly found in certain over the counter cough medicines. Has dissociative effects similar to ketamine or MXE, though also shares properties with opioids and alcohol. Make sure DXM is the only active ingredient in the preparation.
Dissociatives are mostly NMDA receptor antagonists, these substances are hallucinogenic but different than psychedelics. As per the name, these substances create a distance between the user and reality.Read more on TripSit Wiki...
These drugs pose a higher risk of causing habit forming behaviour, take particular care with the amount and frequency they are taken.Read more on TripSit Wiki...
Common drugs are those which are well known and widely used among the drug community. This doesn't necessarily mean they are safe, but it usually comes with a longer relative history of use in humans with which to establish a safety profile.
NOTE: See http://dxm.tripsit.me for mg/lb doses, among other things.
- Both substances potentiate the ataxia and sedation caused by the other and can lead to unexpected loss of consciousness at high doses. Place affected patients in the recovery position to prevent vomit aspiration from excess. Additionally CNS depression can lead to difficulty breathing. Avoid on anything higher than 1st plateau.
- Both substances cause ataxia and bring a risk of vomiting and unconsciousness. If the patient falls unconscious while under the influence there is a severe risk of vomit aspiration if they are not placed in the recovery position. This combination is hard to predict
- CNS depression, difficult breathing, heart issues, hepatoxic, just very unsafe combination all around. Additionally if one takes dxm, their tolerance of opiates goes down slightly, thus causing additional synergistic effects.
- High risk of serotonin syndrome
- High risk of serotonin syndrome.
- Small doses of benzos can end a bad trip, but both substances potentiate the ataxia and sedation caused by the other and this can lead to unexpected loss of consciousness at high doses. While unconscious, vomit aspiration is a risk if not placed in the recovery position.
- The DOx class as psychedelic stimulants have the potential to mask the effects of DXM and could lead to redosing to an unsafe level. DXM can also potentiate DOx resulting in an unpleasantly intense experience.
- Little information exists about this combination.
- Both substances raise heart rate, in extreme cases, panic attacks caused by these drugs have led to more serious heart issues.
- Both substances raise heart rate, in extreme cases, panic attacks caused by these drugs have led to more serious heart issues