A popular dissociative drug which is an analogue of Ketamine, though less sedating and more potent by weight, with a subjectively more 'complicated' set of effects.
Dissociatives are mostly NMDA receptor antagonists, these substances are hallucinogenic but different than psychedelics. As per the name, these substances create a distance between the user and reality.Read more on TripSit Wiki...
Research chemicals are drugs with relatively little history of human use, and thus particular care should be taken if choosing to ingest them.Read more on TripSit Wiki...
NOTE: Bodyweight plays a slight factor in MXE dosing, these are values for a 175lb (80kg) male
Effects lovingly provided by PsychonautWiki
|Avoid||Alcohol, benzos, opiates, other depressants, and any drug with an effect on serotonin (for example but not limited to MDMA, amphetamine, other stimulants)|
|Legality||Methoxetamine is illegal in the US states Arizona, Florida, Indiana, Louisiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio and Virginia. It is also banned in Brazil, France, Germany, Japan, Russia and the UK.|
No interaction information for MXE
References & Notes
- Methoxetamine associated reversible cerebellar toxicity: three cases with analytical confirmation. - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22578175
- Methoxetamine: from drug of abuse to rapid-acting antidepressant. - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22819129
- From Special K to Special M: the evolution of the recreational use of ketamine and methoxetamine. - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23421859
- Ketamine-derived designer drug methoxetamine: metabolism including isoenzyme kinetics and toxicological detectability using GC-MS and LC-(HR-)MSn - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23774830
- Three months of methoxetamine administration is associated with significant bladder and renal toxicity in mice. - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24580056
- Analytical findings of an acute intoxication after inhalation of methoxetamine. - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24904014
- Acute methoxetamine and amphetamine poisoning with fatal outcome: a case report - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25060403
- From "Special K" to "Special M": the evolution of the recreational use of ketamine and methoxetamine. - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23421859
- Ketamine-derived designer drug methoxetamine: metabolism including isoenzyme kinetics and toxicological detectability using GC-MS and LC-(HR-)MSn. - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23774830
- Acute methoxetamine and amphetamine poisoning with fatal outcome: a case report. - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25060403~adddrugsource cannabis general Cannabis use in relation to obesity and insulin resistance in the Inuit population. - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25557382
- 3 case reports of toxicity due to recreational use of MXE - http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00228-011-1199-9