A chemical found in tobacco, aubergines and tomatoes which is considered one of the most addictive drugs in existence. It is a mild stimulant, with stress relieving effects. It is widely used in the form of cigarettes, the use of which carries a high risk of causing cancer or heart issues over time. Increasingly, it is 'vaped' as a purportedly safer alternative to smoking.
These drugs pose a higher risk of causing habit forming behaviour, take particular care with the amount and frequency they are taken.Read more on TripSit Wiki...
Nootropics, otherwise known as "Smart Drugs" or "Cognitive Enhancers," are substances that can improve cognitive function, memory, creativity, motivation and can also aid in decreasing anxiety.
Common drugs are those which are well known and widely used among the drug community. This doesn't necessarily mean they are safe, but it usually comes with a longer relative history of use in humans with which to establish a safety profile.
No interaction information for Nicotine
References & Notes
- Nicotine treatment of mild cognitive impairment: a 6-month double-blind pilot clinical trial. -https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22232050
- Nicotine treatment of mild cognitive impairment: a 6-month double-blind pilot clinical trial. - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22232050
- Site of nicotine absorption from a vapour inhaler--comparison with cigarette smoking - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10663452
- Brand differences of free-base nicotine delivery in cigarette smoke: the view of the tobacco industry documents - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16728749
- Exposure to nicotine produces an increase in dopamine D2(High) receptors: a possible mechanism for dopamine hypersensitivity. - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20942582
- Tobacco leaf, smoke and smoking, MAO inhibitors, Parkinson's disease and neuroprotection are there links? - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14697903
- Brand differences of free-base nicotine delivery in cigarette smoke: the view of the tobacco industry documents. - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16728749
- Do electronic cigarettes impart a lower potential disease burden than conventional tobacco cigarettes? Review on E-cigarette vapor versus tobacco s... - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25302452
- The impact of caffeine use on tobacco cessation and withdrawal. - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9022872